Published on July 3rd, 2016 | by melbournesalamifesta0
Melbourne Salami Festa
Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions (Terms) constitute the agreement between you (you, your) and The Salami Board Pty Ltd (ACN 161 742 687) (TSB) in relation to your participation in TSB’s salami competition (Competition) to be held at the Melbourne Salami Festa from 7 – 9 October 2016 at Northcote Town Hall and Civic Square, 189 High Street, Northcote Victoria 3070 (Event) (the Agreement).
- You must read these Terms and your registration for the Competition constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these Terms and the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- TSB is the organiser of the Competition which seeks to find the best salami recipe.
- You wish to enter your salami recipe/s (Recipe/s) into the Competition.
- The closing date by which all entries must be received is noted on TSB’s website at http://melbournesalamifesta.com/ (Web Site).
- The Competition is only open to all Australian residents except employees of TSB, their agents, families and anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
- Children under the age of eighteen must have a parent or guardian’s permission to qualify to enter.
- There is a limit of 4 entries per team permitted to be entered into the Competition.
- To enter you must submit a registration form on the Web Site.
- In order to submit your entry, you will be required to enter your personal details, contact numbers and relevant information and pay the entry fee (as noted on the Web Site).
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Once your entry is verified as qualifying for the Competition, you will be advised by email from TSB that you are an official qualifier for the Competition (Official Qualifier) and will be sent a competition pack with all the information you need to know about the Event and the Competition (Competition Pack).
- In consideration for providing you with the opportunity to win the prize and to showcase and promote your Recipe, you hereby grant to TSB the exclusive option to exclusively license all rights in your Recipe.
- You warrant that you are the sole author and owner of all the rights, including copyright, in the Recipe and any other works contained in your entry and warrants to TSB that the use and exploitation of the Recipe and any other granted rights in accordance with this Agreement, or any future agreement contemplated by this Agreement, will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- TSB reserves the right not to publish or exhibit the Recipes.
- Each entrant further grants TSB the option to act as the talent agent for the entrant in respect of any opportunities that may arise out of or connected with the Recipe and/or the Competition and/or the Event.
Judging & Prizes
- If you are an Official Qualifier you will need to prepare approximately 1- 1.5 kilograms of your Recipe for the Event and Competition, at your own cost.
- The Competition will be judged independently by selected judges and/or as noted on the Web Site.
- The criteria on which each Entry will be judged will be listed on the Web Site.
- The judges’ decision and the results are final.
- All details regarding the prizes will be listed on the Web Site.
- There is no cash alternative for any prize.
- TSB reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes of an equivalent value should it become necessary.
- The winners will be formally announced at the Event.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify you or any entrant who does not comply with any of these Terms and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Each entrant, including the winners, may be asked to be available for any publicity before or after the winners are announced.
Lost Entries, Damage & Costs
- No responsibility is accepted by TSB for late, lost or misdirected entries via the Web Site or votes at the Event.
- TSB and its associated agencies and companies take no responsibility for any prize which is damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
- If for any reason this Competition or the Event is not capable of running as planned in any respect due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of TSB, TSB reserves the right, subject to the written directions of any relevant authority, to cancel, postpone, or amend the Competition without compensation to you.
- TSB reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of TSB, includes objectionable content, profanity or potentially defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms, the Competition Pack or the Agreement or who has, in the opinion of TSB, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which has infringed the rights of others, or is unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of TSB and/or the Competition and/or the Event. TSB reserves the right to disqualify a winner if TSB becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry and/or Recipe is of a type described in this clause.
- TSB reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation if you are disqualified in accordance with clause 30 above.
Limitation of Liability
- TSB and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable to you, other participants or third parties for any misadventure, accident , injury, loss or damages (including but not limited to consequential loss) however caused, or for personal injury or death or loss of, or damage to property or claim (except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law) that may occur:
- in connection with the Competition, the Event or any prize;
- due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member , journalist, other participant or any other person;
- arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of nay internet communication network related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
- Personal information collected may be used with your consent for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of TSB, and details may be disclosed to organisationsthat assist us with those functions. To access, update or correct your personal
information, please contact TSB at [insert TSB email address].
- The brand names, logos and related tag-lines appearing on this Web Site, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trade mark symbol, are trade marks of TSB, its affiliates, related organisations or its licensers or partners. The use or misuse of these trade marks or any other materials, except as permitted in these Terms and the Agreement, is expressly prohibited
- We may change these Terms at any time and if these changes are material we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you and give you the opportunity to withdraw from the Competition. If you do not respond to such notification within 48 hours of receipt, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by those changes to these Terms.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New South Wales.