Published on October 21st, 2014 | by melbournesalamifesta
5 Judges. 72 Salami.
Behind closed doors at the
official Judging Session.
At 1pm on the 6 October at Ombra Salumi Bar the official jury for the Melbourne Salami Festa gathered. It was a monumental task but one that our panel of judges took on with passion, integrity and good humour – probably the most essential ingredient.
The judging was intense as the significance of their task was appreciated. This year’s jury were strong minded and forthcoming with their opinions which made for some interesting and passionate discussion.
The judging was broken up into two rounds and the Top 6 were sampled again in a final round of judging to ensure they were judged fairly. The result will be known at 4pm this Sunday at the Northcote Town Hall.
The official 2014 judging jury consisted of:
· ‘Nonno’ Giovanni Brancatisano
· Dom Marzano Head Chef – Grossi Florentino Cellar Bar
· Frank Camorra Executive Head Chef – Movida
· Rosa Mitchell Owner & Head Chef – Rosa’s Kitchen
· Hilary McNevin Food & Wine Writer